LAB SmartCycling Curriculum
SCCCC asks that all members review the League of American Bicyclists SmartCycling Manual
upon joining SCCCC. We also recommend that all members attend the Cycling For Starters
and/or TS101 Clinics
depending on their skill level coming in to the Club.
LAB SmartCycling Manual
Cycling For Starters Clinics
New to cycling or want to gain more skills and confidence on road? Sign up for this 4-6 week cycling class. Classes meet once per week for about 3 hours. There is homework.
What do you need to participate in the Cycling for Starters?
· a functioning bike with working brakes and good tires
· a bicycle helmet
· ability to ride at least 5 miles
· carry a spare tube, tire changing tools, water, pocket snacks, money, cellphone and ID
· Club membership. You must be a club member to participate. JOIN HERE!
· Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get information on upcoming clinics
LAB SmartCycling - Traffic Safety TS101 Clinic
This class is for experienced cyclists to increase their bike handling skills and become more predictable. safe and knowledgeable riders.
Coaches for this clinic are experienced LCI's (League Cycling Instructors
1) You are a SCCCC Member.
2) You feel capable on SCCCC A, B or C level rides - OR - you have recently completed Cycling For Starters.
Clinic dates for 2018 are June 2, June 23 and Aug 24. Check the SCCCC Club Calendar
to register or contact email@example.com to get information.
PREP WORK BEFORE CLINIC:
1) Go through the FREE on-line TUTORIAL found at BikeEd Online Course You will find the tutorial easy, useful and engaging.
2) Review the LAB SmartCycling Manual
If you are an LCI Candidate the prep work is MANDATORY.
Want to learn how to draft, paceline, climb faster, descend safer and other advanced skills?
If you've completed TS 101 and are able to complete club rides in your pace group comfortably this is the next step!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get information on upcoming clinics
Individualized Cycling, Fitness and Nutrition Coaching
Want to train for an event or take your fitness and nutrition to the next level? Want to learn how to Race or have other cycling aspirations? We can refer you to qualified coaches suitable to your goals. Contact email@example.com